Looking for a 5-minute sorbet recipe?
Try the one below. It’s so easy you can have your kids make it (under your supervision, though, as it requires blending).
Just make sure you prepare your mango the night before, as it requires freezing for a few hours.
Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and frozen
- 1/2 cup cold water
- a handful of chia seeds
- 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
The night before you plan on making this recipe
- Peel, pit, dice and freeze your mango. You can put it in a mason jar in the freezer, rather than using a plastic baggie.
The day of
- Pour the water in a blender, then add the frozen mango.
- Blend on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Serve the sorbet immediately with a sprinkle of chia seeds.
Of special notice
- Try adding a handful of grated yellow squash or a few zucchini flowers to the mango. An interesting way to make the snack even healthier if picky eaters are involved!
- Try using frozen berries and a few handfuls of spinach for a special twist to this recipe. Your kids will never know all those greens are in there!
- We prepare everything from scratch and fresh produce. So we know where our food is coming from and do not use plastic. But, if you don’t the have time to freeze your fruit the night before, you could buy mango or berries in the frozen foods section at your local supermarket. Just make sure they are free from any sweeteners.