We are having a wonderful berry and cherry harvest this summer!
Here below is a tasty recipe made with garden-to-table ingredients. It is 100% kid-approved and, most importantly, is free of any sweeteners. The natural sugars in the fruit are what make it burst with flavor.
If you don’t have homegrown fruit to use, try some from your local farmer’s market or organic store.
Ingredients (makes 8 ice pops)
- 1 lb mixed berries
- A handful of summer plums
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb black cherries
- 2 tbsp unsweet coconut flakes
- A few lavender flowers (optional)
- 10 minutes
Cooking time (in freezer)
- 20 minutes
Total time (prepping + cooking)
- 30 minutes
- Rinse and pit your cherry and plum harvest. Juice your lemon.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed for about 5 minutes. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick.
- Transfer to popsicle molds, layering the fruit mix and coconut flakes.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes, then serve with a sprinkle of lavender flowers.
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I’m an American living in Italy, mom of two girls, a lover of travel, music and good food shared with loved ones. I am a freelance grant writer and a former agricultural development practitioner, having worked mostly in rural Africa for 18 years. I look forward to creating a space here – with your help – where we can exchange dreams, ideas and kindness to start shaping a better tomorrow.