Enjoy the supreme pinkness of these delicious crepes!
Ingredients (makes 4 crepes)
For the crepes
- 1 large raw beetroot
- 1 cup split-pea flour (or any of choice, as long as finely ground)
- 1/4 cup coconut, almond or soy milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus 1 tbsp for cooking
- A pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- A dash of curry, yellow mustard and nutmeg
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
Total time (prepping + cooking)
- 30 minutes
- Wash veggies and chop thick.
- Saute’ with EVOO, salt and spices on medium heat for 5 minutes. Once done, set aside.
- Peel the raw beetroot under cold running water.
- In a regular blender, blend beet on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend on high for 2/3 minutes, until mixture is smooth.
- Heat coconut oil (1 tbsp) in a large frying pan on a low fire.
- Transfer the hot pink batter to the frying pan with a 1 cup measuring cup, and fry on a low fire for 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe to uncooked side and fry for 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, spread cashew cheese on one side of the crepe, fill a half moon of it with sautéed veggies and flip closed.
- Repeat with remaining crepes and serve warm.
Of special notice
- Make sure you use only raw beets; prepackaged cooked ones will give your raw batter a dark brown hue, rather than the gorgeous hot pink below.
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I’m an American living in Italy, mom of two girls, a lover of travel, music and good food shared with loved ones. I am a freelance grant writer and a former agricultural development practitioner, having worked mostly in rural Africa for 18 years. I look forward to creating a space here – with your help – where we can exchange dreams, ideas and kindness to start shaping a better tomorrow.