We love having chocolate in our dessert every once in a while. Raw cocoa, in fact, gives the digestive tract a hand and contributes to regulating heart functions. Most importantly, it helps our immune system fight diseases by making it more restitant to inflammation. And don’t we all need a little healthy boost in view of the upcoming cold season?
So when we decide to indulge in a little sweetness, we go for the recipe below. A super easy, no-bake, delicious treat that is perfect for the weekend. And, with a few secret ingredients from our organic garden, the vitamin kick is guranteed!
Ingredients (makes 10/12 bombs)
- 1/2 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup crushed, raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups unsweet, vegan cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground lavender flowers
- zest from 1 organic lemon
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes (in fridge)
Total time (prepping + cooking)
- 25 minutes
- Melt coconut oil in a glass bowl by microwaving it on low heat, for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix everything thoroughly by hand.
- Cover a pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make bombs by hand – any size will do.
- Set bombs in the pan/on the sheet and chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes before serving.
Of special notice
- Crush your cashews in a regular coffee grinder on low speed, for a few seconds. You don’t want to the grind the nuts, but just crumble them.
- Store leftover bombs (if there are any!) in the freezer. They keep fragrant and crunchy for at least 2 weeks.
- If you like a tangier taste, leave out the lavender and add a little zest from an organic orange.
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I’m an American living in Italy, mom of two girls, a lover of travel, music and good food shared with loved ones. I am a freelance grant writer and a former agricultural development practitioner, having worked mostly in rural Africa for 18 years. I look forward to creating a space here – with your help – where we can exchange dreams, ideas and kindness to start shaping a better tomorrow.