If you’re looking for an easy summer snack, try these vegan energy pops. They are ready in 5 minutes, do not require baking and the ingredients are probably already in your pantry. They’re perfect to grab on the way to work or school or as a post-work out treat. They keep in the fridge for 2 days and in the freezer for 2 weeks.
Ingredients (makes 12 pops)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup chia
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
- A sprinkle of saffron
- 2 large, fresh Medjoul dates (optional, if you’d like a little more sweetness)
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- A sprinkle of pistachio flour (optional)
- 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
- Blend all ingredients in an S-bladed blender, on high speed, for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula and blend 1 more minute.
- Line a plate with parchment paper.
- Make dough into pops and set on plate.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle pistachio flour and saffron.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I’m an American living in Italy, mom of two girls, a lover of travel, music and good food shared with loved ones. I am a freelance grant writer and a former agricultural development practitioner, having worked mostly in rural Africa for 18 years. I look forward to creating a space here – with your help – where we can exchange dreams, ideas and kindness to start shaping a better tomorrow.