We love having a chocolate dessert every once in a while. When we do, we try to keep it as healthy (and as easy) as possible. So here’s a recipe for a no-bake, delicious treat you can make with your little ones.
Careful, it’s a sticky situation!
Ingredients (makes 10/12 bombs)
- 1/2 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup crushed, raw cashews
- 2 vegan chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup liquified coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground lavender (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes (in freezer)
Total time (prepping + cooking)
- 25 minutes
- Chop the chocolate bars, put into a glass bowl and microwave on low heat, for 2 minutes.
- Melt your coconut oil in a glass bowl by microwaving it as well, on low heat, for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix everything thoroughly with your hands.
- Cover a pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make bombs by hand, of the size you prefer.
- Set in the pan/on the sheet and freeze for about 15 minutes.
Of special notice
- If you don’t have vegan chocolate bars at home, or if they are not easy to come by, you can simply mix 1 cup of unsweet cocoa powder with an extra 1/2 cup of liquified coconut oil.
- You can crush your cashews in a regular coffee grinder, set on low speed, for a few seconds. You don’t want to the grind the nuts, but just crumble them.
- You can store leftover bombs (if there are any!) in the freezer. They keep fragrant and crunchy for at least 2 weeks.