We are having an incredible plum and cherry harvest this season!
After spending this morning picking away, we set some of the fruit aside to make jam. The rest we decide to use to make sorbet.
Here below is one of the easiest, tastiest recipes you could use to beat the summer heat. We add a hint of basil to the plum and cherry mix, for that extra little healthy kick. Once ready, you’ll see how versatile this recipe is. In fact, the sorbet works both as a healthy snack as well as a light after-dinner treat. It can be frozen in cups or in popsicle molds and is 100% kid-approved.
Most importantly, though, there are no sweeteners added here. The natural sugars in the fruit are what make it burst with flavor.
If you don’t have homegrown fruit to use, try some from your local farmer’s market or organic store.
Ingredients (makes 4 cups)
- 1 lb black cherries
- A handful of summer plums
- Two leaves of freshly picked basil
- A few lavender flowers (optional)
- 10 minutes
Cooking time (in freezer)
- 20 minutes
Total time (prepping + cooking)
- 30 minutes
- Rinse and pit the cherries and plums.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed for about 5 minutes. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick.
- Transfer to freezer-friendly cups or popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes, then serve with a sprinkle of lavender flowers.