Tofu, such a brilliant staple!
We always have some in our fridge, since we use it as a base for many recipes.
If you’re looking for a quick appetizer or just a side to your meal, try these super-crunchy “fries”. Simply slice firm tofu, toss it with freshly picked herbs and spices and then stick it in the oven. Walk out of the kitchen (too hot to be in there, right?) and let them cook on low.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 500 gr firm tofu (16 0z package)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- A pinch of pink salt
- A pinch each of curry and yellow mustard
- A handful of pink pepper corns
- A handful each of freshly picked basil, mint, rosemary and thyme
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175 C (about 330 F).
- Slice tofu lengthwise and evenly on a woodboard.
- Arrange slices in a parchment paper-covered baking sheet or pan.
- Drizzle EVOO, salt, herbs and spices.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until fries start to brown.
Hi there! My name is Michelle. I’m an American living in Italy, mom of two girls, a lover of travel, music and good food shared with loved ones. I am a freelance grant writer and a former agricultural development practitioner, having worked mostly in rural Africa for 18 years. I look forward to creating a space here – with your help – where we can exchange dreams, ideas and kindness to start shaping a better tomorrow.